Sunday, May 3, 2009

What I Want....

I can still remember going through the store when I was little saying, "Mommy, I need this toy", and my mom's response would always be, "Honey, don't say "I need" this, say, "I would like this"'. Well, to this day there are many things "I would like"...perfect weather, no more bad hair days, no fights, no more achy necks, and stressful days, but I really don't see those goin away, and I guess that's fine with me.
There was something that stuck out to me today as I was lookin back through notes I had taken during church and at retreats. A couple of weeks a go I had written down something my pastor said, "We may know what we want, but God always knows what we need." How amazing is that?! No matter how many things I think I want, or would like to have, God will always know what I need. Where I will never truly know all that I need, God knows exactly what I need and when. There are times when I pray for things that I think I need, and in turn God will give me something completely different, then in my humanness I look at it going "Why do I need this?". And he answers me whether it be through the words of someone else, scripture, or a softly spoken word, and I realize what he gave me was exactly what I needed in that situation. God provides. That's simply it, in every circumstance and situation, God will provide, and no matter what we think we want, God will always give us exactly what we need.

No comments: