Monday, April 27, 2009

RAIN!!!

I don't know if I've ever mentioned this, but I LOVE THE RAIN!!!!! It is one of God's creations that always amazes me, no matter how many times I've experienced it. Now, I'm not just talking the little drizzly rain that makes you feel sticky-eww! I'm talking the hard, cold downpour that I got to experience today. I love everything that has to do with rain, the smell, the feel, the look, the sound! Everything changes when it rains, thunder roars, lighting lights up the sky with beauty, and everything gets a refreshing soak.
I don't know if you've ever noticed, but there's this amazing smell the rain makes. The best is right before and right after it rains. You can't really describe it. I know Bath & Body Works has tried to recreate the smell for a lotion, but you really can't. It's simply indescribable. Now rain has this refreshing quality. When you feel all the little raindrops hit your skin it's like God's repetitive whispering of "I love you and this is for you!". That's so cool!! The feeling of cool raindrops on you skin isn't just surface, it's sort of penetrating and it sends little shivers all over your body! Rain looks sort of like a huge curtain that covers everything for the time it's there and then it slowly fades away. It gives everything a sort of hazy look, fuzzy-like, sort of like you can't be sure of what you're looking at when you're looking into rain.
Finally, my absolute, favorite thing about rain, is the sound! Nothing compares to the sound of rain on a tin roof! The way it makes it's own music as it patters, or thunders, down on the roof and hits the ground, it's incredible. Whenever, I hear rain, I just sit in amazement of God and all he is and all he's given me and all of his creation. It's magical and indescribable, much like God himself. Praise the Lord for love! Praise the Lord for sun! And especially Praise the Lord for RAIN!!

No comments: