Saturday, June 12, 2010

Grace and Stuff :)

God's grace is free!! It's soo incredible and amazing and His love that goes along with that blows me away. Now along with this grace comes a new identity, an identity in Christ. And in Christ we are: holy, blameless, without condemnation, free of guilt and shame, righteous, free, completely loved, whole, full of the fruit of the spirit (Galatians 5:22-23), and complete. What I think people (most definitely including myself) fall in to though is not being aware of their identity and when reading things that speak of faith being full of deeds, they believe that by doing these deeds they will gain acceptance. The thing is that in Christ you have already been completely accepted!!! There is nothing that we can do to gain God's love-because it is already ours! How amazing is it that the love and acceptance of our forgiving Father who created the heavens and the earth is ours! I think as we come to know and rest in our new identity in Christ our faith will make itself evident through works. Look at Jesus-our sweet Savior-he lived fully human, living completely dependent upon the Father and his life was full of action! I think it's so neat to know that it's not up to me to do great and wondrous works for the Father, but rather Christ in me-as I rest in my new nature does works to glorify Him and love on those around so that they may taste and know the love of Abba.

Just some thoughts as I go through the day. Hope all is well in everyone's world and I pray that you will come to know and rest in your new identity in Him and allow Christ to express himself in your life! It is so incredible to see, and I must say I am so thankful for all those around me who I get to feel, see, and hear God's love from everyday!!

No comments: