Monday, February 2, 2009

Weekend of Warriors!!

I got to spend the entire weekend at the HEB Foundation Camp in Echo Valley for Stillwater Sports Camp's Weekend of Warriors! Talk about an amazing time! We spent all Saturday playing games and having COMPETITIONS (you had to be there). Anyways, to end the day we had a Krud War (basically a huge food fight where the object is to get the other teams the dirtiest) and ended the activities with a Polar Bear Jump, in the Frio River!!!...ya FREEZING!! Anne and I jumped in twice though, just for the fun of it. (Ya I know we're crazy!) Anyways, we washed up (it takes a little bit to get chocolate and ketchup out of your hair) and then headed to dinner and worship. The worship service was amazing and I learned a lot about God's character and the peace that passes all understanding. Philippians 4:7, "If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard you hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." The crazy thing is the speaker didn't even speak about this. I was sitting there and all of the sudden I felt this overwhelming peace "that passed all understanding". I wasn't worrying about school and grades, friends and family, and everything else I tend to stress and worry about. It was really cool to come to the realization that God's peace is real and he offers it to me freely and wants me to accept it. All and all I had a blast and I got to grow in my relationship not only with God, but with my friend Anne, and my counselors Abby and Nicole. Anyways, I'll talk to y'all later!
Toodles,
Ky ;<)

No comments: